Ingredients (6 servings):
- 400-500g kippers* meat
- 1 small red onion (minced)
- 80-100g butter
- 3-4 spoons of kombucha brine (or juice of 1 lemon)
- salt + pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients into a rough paste (if you have chunks of fish still in, it’s fine)
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper accordingly.
- Rest (in the fridge) for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on crackers, oatcakes or toast.
Note: you can make this recipe one day ahead and keep the pâté in the fridge until serving time.
*You can use any type of smoked fish, we recommend a local, seasonal, sustainably caught one.